Plymouth Congregational Church
Plymouth Congregational Church, founded in 1846, is one of the outstanding architectural and musical landmarks of the city of Lansing. In 1872 the congregation built a gothic revival structure across from the state capitol building, where it stood for 99 years until a devastating fire on February 25, 1971 which completely destroyed the building and its Kilgen organ. A new building was dedicated in 1975 along with the current 3/80 Casavant Organ pictured below.
Plymouth's 3/80 organ by Casavant (1975)
For More information about Plymouth Church, visit their website at www.plymouthlansing.org.